Here is my mindmap for Romans 6:15-23:
Here is the scrolls for this week, and here are some more questions of my own:
- What does the rhetorical question in v15 mean? And the answer?
- What is the relationship between slavery and obedience?
- Does the Gospel make us no longer slaves?
- Is it better to be a slave to sin, or to the law? Why?
- What is freedom in this passage?
- What is the result of working for (or slavery to) sin?
- What is the result of God’s gift? How is it different?
- Which do you want? How can you get it?
- Spend some time discussing the last verse, as a concise summary summary of the gospel in the first six chapters of Romans (and in Next Step Discipleship, pp40-41)
Here is my mindmap for Romans 6:1-14:
Here is the scrolls for this week, and here are a few more questions of my own:
- What questions does Paul ask the reader?
- What are the answers?
- How is Baptism like death?
- What does it mean to be Baptized into Christ?
- How does baptism answer the questions of sin and grace?
- What is the connection between baptism and death?
- Where do we get newness of life?
- What are the costs/benefits of being united with Christ?
- Who is crucified/done away with in v.6?
- Why does Death no longer have power over Jesus?
- How does that affect our lives? Why?
- Why doesn’t sin dominate us?
Here is my mindmap of Romans 5:12-21:
Here is the scrolls for this week, and this chart I’ve found helpful laying out this passage, to make it’s content and structure more accessible. And some more questions of my own:
- How are Adam and Jesus alike?
- How are they different?
- How did sin enter the world?
- Why do all men die?
- Did people die before the law?
- In what ways are the free gift, not like the trespass (vv15-16)?
- What are their results/reigns?
- How are the offense and obedience similar?
- how to sin and grace spread/reign?
- How does Paul address our character (v19), our legal status (v18), and our reign (v17)?
- Summarize a comparison of the lineages of Adam and Jesus.
- How does Jesus answer the problem of Adam, sin and death?